When you are in search for a new property to buy you have a choice: deal with it privately or through an agent. People very often argue why should you use real estate agent services if you can do it on your own. Let me show you why.
- Time saving – the real estate agent will search for the properties for you; explain everything about the purchase process so you don’t have to find out by yourself; arrange the viewings for you and deal with the communication with the seller. This is especially important if you don’t speak Polish.
- The real estate agent will represent you and your interests. If needed they will negotiate the price for you.
- They are the ones that know the market best and can shape your expectations about what you can actually get for the price you are able to pay; also they often know about offers just about to be available on the market.This can give you additional options you otherwise wouldn’t know about.
- They will deal with all the formalities like checking the legal status of the property etc (read more in: Buying property step by step: new development and secondary market).
- If you hire a real estate agent it means you give control over the process to somebody else.
- The biggest disadvantage is that you need to pay the commission, which is up to 5 % of the transaction + VAT – the percentage depends on the agent and what services they can provide.
If buying a property with an agent you’ve got two options. You can go to the websites of the agencies and have a look at what properties they have available at the moment. If any offer is interesting to you you can always connect with the agency directly and ask about that particular property. The biggest estate agencies in Krakow are Hamilton May, Leach and Lang, Nowodworski. This way you can view several different places with several different agents.
Or you can also work with only one agent. If they know you work with them exclusively, they will make 5 times as much of an effort to get you the property that you want. All you need to do is send your enquiry. The agent will interview you about your needs, preferences, and of course budget, and will help you get through the complicated purchase process. If you like this idea, feel free to to connect with us!